Friday, January 11, 2013

Fun With Electricity

       
     Let me first start by stating that I do not condone licking and or putting in one's mouth something that will give someone an electrical shock....unless it causes me to laugh. Now, I have licked a few batteries in my day. Still do. Proud of it. But, when I see my one-year-old son do something like that, it causes me to be a little concerned.
     My little baby Einstein has developed a fondness for finding the baby monitor in our bedroom, disconnecting the DC plug from the receiver, and sticking the cord in his mouth, giving him a small shock to his tongue.


     Now before you start looking up the number for DCFS, let me point out that this is all my wife's fault. It was NOT under my careful supervision. I draw the line at coloring all over his face with markers and forcing him to eat Pop-Rocks and lemon wedges for my own amusement. Truth is, I guess she saw him do it once (maybe twice) while she was busy putting laundry away in our room. Let me make it clear that she did not sit idly by as she watched him intentionally electrocute himself for fun. Clear? Clear! Ha. That was an unintentional electricity pun. It's one of those jokes that makes you laugh until it hertz. Ugh. That was bad. Watt made me tell that awful joke? It's so bad you should charge me with assault and battery. Okay, those puns are old, but I actually don't know any current ones. It's time to pull the plug on this tangent. These jokes have completely lost their spark.

Warning: Lightning may attack your heart while you are doing the limbo.  

     Anyway, after she told me what he did, I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to catch the act on film. After a brief argument with my wife, that idea was shut down quite decisively. But, marriage is all about compromise, so I still got to catch it on film...sort of.

 "Well what do we have here? This looks breakable."

"Eureka! That was easy."

  "Now for some tasty shock therapy in my mouth."

*Censored by my wife and the DCFS*


The End.

?