Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Beautiful Letdown


God:Knock knock:
Me: Who's there?
God: It's God. You're turning 30. It's not a joke. Deal with it.
Me: Oh...

     The end is nigh. Soon I will reach the moldy age of 30.  For any of you reading this who are older than 30, please do not be offended...just resign yourselves to the fact that you are old. I know I am.
     
Things I Regret Now That I am Old:

-I still do not know how to tie a tie. Maybe my son can teach me some day. 

-I am losing precious hair. Well, I am not so much losing it, it's just moving to other parts of my body such as my ears, nose, back, and butt. 

Things I look forward to now that I am old:

-Being able to say, "I'm too old to learn that now." ie Tying a tie.

-In a hostage situation I am more likely to be released first.

-Being a man, grey hair makes me look more distinguished. 


-I can stop dreaming of one day becoming rich and retiring early and start dreaming of my son making it rich so I can retire early.

- I now have an excuse to leave gigs before the encore to "beat the rush."

     To prove that I am still young at heart, here are some meme's to close this post out.
 










     If you don't get most of these, it's alright, meme's are mostly dumb anyway...just like this post.